I was listening to a feed on Facebook from SIA. Ben Netanyahu was speaking of it being the eve of Tish B'Av and the commemoration of the destruction of Temple. He followed a narrative which seemed to focus on the nation of Israel being a metaphorical Third Temple and praised the generation of heroes who had preserved her in the current war against her enemies.
It brought me to think about what I really feel about Israel. Do I agree with what they did to the Palestinians and the Gaza Strip? Do I love the nation of Israel and the israelites? Do I believe that Israel is the nation of the tanakh? Am I prepared to accept the cost of saying yes to all of that when it is becoming deeply unpopular to express those sentiments.
The answer is that while the action against Gaza and the war with Iran are questionable. Yes I do believe that the current nation of Israel is the people of God's Word. I do love them and I know that God will preserve them. There is a caveat on their actions though and that is that they do not believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah and until they repent they will not receive the blessings and complete fufilment of God's promises that are prophesied for them.
As to the jackals that are assembling around Israel with the intention of invading the land and destroying God's people. They can say what they like and pitch the narrative as they please. God will protect Israel and the schemes of her enemies will amount to nothing but empty dreams and their personal destruction.
At the end of this age comes judgement on all the world. Those who oppose God will come to stand against him and in that day they will perish and then Jesus Christ will return to establish His Eternal Kingdom. Those who witness His return and who are not His will seek to hide themselves from His presence.
Revelation 19:19 "And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army." NKJV
Revelation 6:16 "And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?” NKJV
Thus those who find Christ Jesus among the gentiles and believe on His redemptive work on the Cross at Calvary will receive eternal life and be grafted into the Olive Tree that is Israel. While those who receive the Messiah and are Israelites will receive all the promises that God made to Abraham their forefather. Come Lord Jesus

No comments:
Post a Comment